Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Tommy's One-Man Band . . .

One of my addictions, and an awfully good one to have in my opinion, is to watch TedTalk videos.  Great speakers on great topics.

One of the central themes of these talks is the time we waste on what other people expect of us as well as our personal assumptions that are actually guided by culture, instead of focusing on the things that give our lives real meaning. 

Achieving balance, for many if not for most of us, is not easy. 

Below is a TedTalk by Tommy Emmanuel.  He states in the beginning that he is, as a guitarist, in the "happiness" business.  I'm going to intentionally try to focus on that every time I sing to senior adults in the days to come.  I am in the "happiness" business as well.

At the end of his talk, listen for his use of the word "fearless."  For some reason his use of that word struck me.  I am going to have to spend some time pondering about that.

This video is about 18 minutes . . . but well worth the listen.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>



No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...