Thursday, January 30, 2014

I guess this video best shares what I would like to say or write about Pete Seeger . . .




It will be a while before I can write about the death of Pete Seeger.  He was one of my heroes.  In fact, I think he was one of the last of my heroes who was still alive . . . until this past Monday, when Pete died at the age of 94.

I'll let this video speak for me . . . until I can put my thoughts and feelings into appropriate words, words that will hopefully bless others as they read . . . and be a blessing for me when I finish writing.

I think this video is from a concert in Washington D.C. in the late 70's, maybe early 80's  . . . when Pete toured regularly with Arlo Guthrie.

There is something about the strength of his voice, and how he engaged with the audience, encouraging them to join together to sing.  That was one thing about Pete's concerts as opposed to others.  You went to his concerts knowing you were going to sing along, and not just listen.

God's grace, and remembering my people are your heroes in the first place, still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...