Monday, February 10, 2014

Singing with friends takes the blues away . . .

I had the special privilege of singing with my "sometimes" music partner, Larry Dykstra.  Larry joined me this cold drizzly morning for my regular 2nd Monday morning gig singing to the residents at Dancing River in Grapevine, Texas.

Singing with friends . . . for a "wannabe" guitarist/singer such as myself, there is perhaps no better way to spend one's time.

Funny thing, my iPad (on which I have ALL my songs) broke down right as we started, so we just looked at each other and "winged it."  50 minutes of music, corny jokes and stories, we sang our last song to the applause of a great (and very very kind) bunch of folks.

It does my heart good when someone senior-in-age to me shakes my hand and with a smile on their face says, "Thank you so much for coming to sing to us!"

What a joy to sing with a friend, and to know that our music brought a smile to someone's face, and maybe to their heart and life as well.

Perhaps we made their day.  Singing for them sure made my day!

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>


No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...