Thursday, January 16, 2014

Really . . . this impresses me . . .

I am aware that my dear mother and 5-6 other people usually read this blog.

And I am grateful to my Mom for many things, and to all else who read my ramblings.

So, it probably comes as no surprise to you that I recorded a small CD (only printed 300 copies) of my singing a bunch of the songs I have sung to and for children during the Children's Time in various worship services over many years, as well as songs I've sung at Vacation Bible Schools across North Central Texas.

All the money went to support Hugworks and the Kenya Kids Can project.  I believe about $3,000 has been raised to date.

And, I still have some CD's left if you would like order some for yourself or friends . . .

I raised the money for this CD through my Mom's generous help and through the donations of some others people, and a few bucks that my wife and I pitched in.   With the help of Wren Robinson, my fellow partner in ministry here at FUMC-Grapevine (who produced the album for free), and a local studio that mixed the songs for me at a reduced cost, we got the thing done.

As a result, I can always tell people that I recorded a CD!  

And by the way, no one associated with the project made a dime off it.  Except for the studio mixing time, and the cost of the CD's and cases, it was an effort of love.

This is pretty much the way it is now for all indie (independent) musicians.

Some of the independent musicians I know actually ask for the help of their friends and fans in raising funds to produced a CD.   I've given a few bucks here and there to some artists.

James Hill, who is my favorite ukulele player, is recording a CD and is asking for the help of his friends and fans.  You can learn more by going to http://jameshillmusic.com/PatronOfTheArts.   This is great info for others to consider if they have music projects in their hearts.

James is a great musician, singer and song-writer.  I am going to pre-purchase a copy of his CD, if for no other reason, than to help out a worthy cause (in my mind and heart.)

God's graces still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...