Monday, September 5, 2011

Should music make a difference?

Damn straight it should!!!!

I'm 54 years old . . . and truth is this . . . I would give my guitars to Sean at Grapevine Guitar Works to sell . . . and never sing another note ever . . . if I didn't think that music made some sort of a difference in people's lives.

As long as humanity struggles . . . there will be music.

As long as people need a respite from the problems they face . . . there will be music.

As long as people love each other . . . there will be music.

As long as people need answers to life's questions . . . there will be music.

As long as friends gather to celebrate, or to mourn . . . there will be music.

As long as people search for God and faith . . . there will be music.

As long as people stand up for the rights of others, and for causes that educate us about injustice, hatred and oppression . . . there will be music.

As long as I am alive and have voice, and have hands that can play a guitar, ukulele or banjo . . . there will be music.

My mission in the days, weeks, months and years I have left . . . is to sing and play in order to help change the world for the better. I do this as my way of living out Psalm 100: 1-2, by making a joyful noise wherever I am, or to cause a joyful noise to be made for God's glory, and for peace, healing and wholeness.

I don't have the time or luxury in life any more to be distracted by things, ideas, or causes that do not reflect my core values and beliefs. Music is very near the center core value of who I am. Music reflects so much about who I am, what I believe, who I worship, who I love, and who I want to help.

'Nuff said.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...