Thursday, September 1, 2011

September 1, 2011 . . . I be "certified!"

A good day!

This morning, I sang in several of the clinics at Children's Medical Center in Dallas, and in the process, fulfilled my solo performance requirement, the final requirement for certification as a Theraputic Music Entertainer through Hugworks.org.

I passed! I did pretty well.

I should be exicted. I find that my emotions are more centered in thankfulness.

So . . . I offer my thanks and gratitude to:

-My wife and family for their unwavering support.

-To Jim Newton, Paul G. Hill and Larry Dykstra at Hugworks. Their friendship, instruction, guidance and mentoring have, are now, and will always be valued and appreciated for years to come.

-To Sean Simon and Grapevine Guitar works, for helping me get to the place where I am finally playing professional quality guitars, which has helped raised my singing and guitar playing ability dramatically. Sean has also offered great advice and counsel, in addition to his friendship, which I greatly value.

-To Joe Laughlin and Floyd Marshall, my dear long-time friends who always offered encouragement and support.

-To everyone at the First United Methodist Church in Grapevine, TX (the best church in the world!!!) for allowing music and singing to be an important part of my ministry. From day one, Ken Diehm gave his full support toward my working toward my goal of becoming a certified TME. John Mollet graciously told me to "go for it" to get it all finished, and to keep singing whenever and wherever I can.

-Thank you, God . . . for the strength that can only come from the passion fueled by a calling in one's heart.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...