Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Guild's are one tough guitar . . .

Currently, my main performance guitars are a Guild F-512 (12 string) and a Guild F50R, which I just picked up today.

Although I am a first choice Martin guitar lover, I went with Guild for the guitars I play at hospitals, nursing homes and other community gigs.

Both my Guilds are jumbo's . . . as I play in a lot of acoustic only venues. I'm also 6'6" and 300 pounds . . . a jumbo doesn't exactly look small on me.

But more importantly . . . the Guild's are just plain "logs." Yes they are heavier than Martin's, but they are also, in my opinion, much tougher, and will stand up better long term in the venues I perform in. Granted my Martin DC-16 is the best sounding guitar I have ever heard . . . it is light weight, and banged against a door or a tree, it isn't going to last long.

I'm not saying that Martin's are brittle . . . not by any means . . . but a guitar with me is not exactly living in the safest world . . . as I haul them around in the back of my Saturn Vue, and carry them in with me where ever I go.

I think in the long run, the Guild's will last me longer in the course of regular professional use. Again my opinion.

Granted, a Martin J-40 or D-28 with my name on it is still out there somewhere . . . and down the road at some point we will connect. In the mean time . . . for music played the way I play it, where I play it . . . the Guilds are going to work for me just fine.

And yes . . . my two Guilds are the same models that John Denver used at one point in his career. And yes . . . that also had a little something to do with my decision to go with Guild as well. Just a little bit, mind you.

And yes . . . Jim, Paul, Larry and I all play Guild's when we perform for Hugworks. That says something about their durability, as Jim has played his F-412 for over 30 years.

A lot of good reasons, and a lot of good recommendations that led me to making a good ad "sound" professional choice. This was a no-brainer.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...