Tuesday, May 17, 2011

When good advice and counsel finds its way to you . . .

Today I had an appointment with a dear "slightly older" colleague in ministry. We had lunch together, and began chatting. By the end of the conversation, I was taking notes.

I do hope I am seeing a rebirth in the desire of people to seek out mentor's and coaches. By mentor or coach, I mean someone who has travelled life a while longer than you have, who has had a few more experiences, who has come to appreciate the wisdom that only maturity and experience brings.

Today, for me, was one of those days. I had someone who has travelled down a road I feel led to travel share with me about their experience. He never once told me what to do . . . just offered a suggestion here and there, and how to appreciate the process of making decisions along the way verses rushing into a decision out of an emotional response.

I left this meeting blessed. In fact, I lost track of time and was late to our church staff meeting.

I gained insight into some really good stuff today.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...