Saturday, May 14, 2011

1st time to sing at the Union Gospel Mission in Fort Worth . . .

Today, as part of a special "Change the World" local mission emphasis involving several area churches, I got to sing and preach at the Union Gospel Mission in Fort Worth. The Union Gospel Mission is a long-time homeless shelter and ministry to the poor and disenfranchised who gather in or near downtown Fort Worth.

My experience was a positive one, and I've been thinking about it most of the day. It caused me to consider that the homeless are children of God in every way that I believe myself to be. My first impressions of fear and uncertainty were unjustified. God provided to everyone present.

I don't know what will come next of all this, but I sense I am supposed to learn more.

Another faith journey to travel. A spiritual "teachable moment" for me personally.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...