Sunday, May 1, 2011

Everything "Chapin" . . .

I've never hid from the fact that I am a John Denver and Gordon Lightfoot fan. I've never hid from the fact that I am also a long-time fan of Peter, Paul and Mary as well as folk music in general.

I've never been ashamed that Peter Seeger is as close to a music mentor as I may ever have, even though I have never had the honor of meeting him.

I am sure that the reason I prefer to play a 12-string guitar is because of my love for the music of John Denver, Gordon Lightfoot and Pete Seeger.

I like rock-n-roll, especially southern rock-n-roll. Yet, I've never hid the fact that Daryl Hall of Hall and Oates fame is my favorite musical perfomers, and he is more of a blues/R and B type singer at heart, and an awfully good one I might ad. His web show, "Live From Daryl's House" is something I watch every month.

But, for the record, my favorite singer/songwriter of all-time is the late Harry Chapin. I think there has and may never again be as good a musical storyteller as Harry Chapin was. His songs were all well told stories, all a bit too detailed for songs, which is probably why most of his songs ran 4-6 minutes in length, way to long for radio.

I also admire how Harry used his music to influence people, especially other celebratries, to attempt to address world hunger.

I just discovered a new website about all the performing members of the Chapin Family. Click here to go to that site. There you will find stuff about Harry, his late father, Jim, along with info about his brothers, Tom and Steve, and Harry's daughter, Jen.

Now I need to go to YouTube to find a good Harry Chapin song to watch and listen to.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...