Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Open . . .

I started to read Andre Agassi's book, "Open," last night. A gift from my oldest daughter for Christmas several years ago.

I hadn't read this long in quite a while, and when I looked at the alarm clock on my bed side table . . . 1:58 AM!!!! 3 hours!

Wow!

Not a bad book. A lot of what I am about, in terms of my core values, strengths, passions and faith is based in discovering who I am, especially as a child of God. My introvert friends will no doubt shudder should they read this. At heart, I am a pleaser . . . so for many of my early years, it was not about discovering what I wanted to be or felt called to do. It was all about what someone else wanting me to be or do.

When I counsel people, one of the questions I use during the first session is . . . "what did you want to be when you grew up?"

Our inner child is not a dumb or narrow sighted as we think.

I will finish the book tonight or tomorrow. If you like books about self-discovery, and coming to the point of living in balance with your past, present and future, then you might like "Open."

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...