Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Getting to meet Noel Paul Stookey . . .

It was a distinct and honored pleasure to get to meet and spend a few minutes this past Thursday with Noel Paul Stookey of Peter, Paul and Mary fame.

P. P. and M., are one of my favorite groups, and Noel especially has been one of my favorite singers, guitarists and song writers ever since I first picked up a guitar back when I was about 15 years old. He is a very gracious and generous man. He spoke about how all of us have the ability to change our lives as well as the world. All we have to do is "spend less time thinking about it, and spend more time doing it." He is a man who believes that one person can make an enormous difference.

I have to admit, I had goosebumps on my arms while he was talking.

This was a special gathering hosted by the Board of Directors of Hugworks, which was founded by my friend and fellow UMC clergyman Jim Newton. This is the group which I have started my therpautic music performance intership with. Noel has been involved with this ministry, , since 1985.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

1 comment:

Retro Jordan said...

Luckily to enter your blog and read your article. I have lots of feeling after sharing your blog. This blog makes me realize the energy of words and pictures. I look forward to more.

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...