Monday, March 29, 2010

An article from the Vineyards Campground blog . . .

I was recently asked to help with a camper jam session at the Vineyards Campground in Grapevine this past Friday night.   There is a blog article about the events of that evening here,

I enjoyed meeting Brooks, who had brought his new ukulele with him.  As we waited for others to show up, he and I went through the first three lessons in his uke book, and he quickly learned the C, G7 and F chords.  After that, we put on a concert, including the Beatles "I Feel Fine."   Brooks' mom seemed quite pleased with her sons first public recital.  What a fun evening.   I enjoy making a "joyful noise" or causing one to be made (see my mission statement).

I have heard that the city of Grapevine has given a very generous grant to the Campground.  There are going to be some great improvements made in the coming year.  It has already been voted as one of the best mid-sized campgrounds in the State of Texas.  I am sure that the best is yet to come.

Hopefully, that means more music opportunities as well.

My thanks to Barbara Tipton who invited me to come out.  This was the second time I have played at the campground, and hopefully will get to go back several more times this summer.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...