Friday, March 12, 2010

Children's CD project almost finished . . .

Received word today that my CD project, "Come on Down! It's Children's Time!" is on the home stretch. The CD has been mastered, and we are going to have 300 copies made for the initial run.

The CD will be available for a donation of either $10 or $15. I haven't yet decided how much "the market will bear." It will not win a Grammy, but it is pretty good if I do say so myself.

Every single dollar donated is going to support feeding children in Kenya, as well as the "Hugworks" Music ministry of Rev. Jim Newton, who sings to children in area hospitals.

No one associated with this project is making any money at all off of CD. This is our way of helping "fill the hole."

This picture is the one we are developing for the CD itself. The guitar in the picture, which will also be on the front cover, is a 1956 Silvertone Twin Thin guitar, loaned to me by one of the families who helped underwrite this project. I officiated last year at the funeral of the gentleman who owned and played this guitar.

This guitar is a year "older" than I am. It has served as a good inspiration to me for this project.

The CD has 18 of the songs we regularly do at the Children's Time during Sunday morning worship. Hoping it will be available by Easter.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...