Monday, March 22, 2010

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

A very long process has come to a close, with the completion of my CD project, "Come on Down! It's Children's Time!" - a collection of 19 of the songs we sing each Sunday morning in worship during the Children's Time at the 8:50, 10:10 and 11:15 AM services.

Again, I am not the greatest guitar player or singer in the world . . . but I am very proud of this project. It is the first time I have ever done a project like this . . . for a "first time" . . . it was pretty good.

I am asking for a minimum donation of $10 for each CD. 100% of the proceeds raised from this project will go to the Kenya Kids Can project in the Rift Valley in Kenya and to the Hugworks Music ministry in Hurst, TX. Please feel free to give more than $10.

One sad note . . . I will now be returning the 1956 Silvertone Twin Thin guitar, pictured above, back to the Loper family . . . who graciously loaned it to me for this project. However, it is time for it to go home. In addition, Zulma and her family helped to underwrite half this project. I am very greatful to them, both that I got to play this wonderful guitar for this past year that belonged to Gary, Zulma's late husband, as well as for their help with the project.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...