Friday, April 3, 2009

Traumatic Stress is alive and well . . .

I attended a seminar today on identifying symptoms of PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorders) and appropriate treatments. During the course of the seminar,  the presenter shared his theory that many, many people experience  different levels of trauma on an almost daily basis.

Then, I got to drive back home in 5:30 PM Dallas, Texas traffic.   I remember reading a newspaper article that Dallas drivers are considered some of the meanest in the country. 

I can safely say I feared for my life a couple of times on my way back home . . . I learned today that fearing for one's life is a symptom of Traumatic Stress.

So, I guess I agree with the presenter at today's seminar.   

I honestly believe that I am, in some sense, a spiritual person.  In other words, I prayed for the drivers of a lot of cars on the way home today.

Hope I was driving in a way that didn't endanger anyone.  

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...