Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Anticipation and Expectation . . .

Ah . . . Holy Week. Beginnin with Palm Sunday, and ending with Easter morning.

Our respective spiritual journeys during the season of Lent have gotten us to this place.

Tomorrow night . . . Maundy Thursday . . . and we share in the Lord's Supper.

Friday night . . . we gather together, and as the choir sings . . . we remember that before Easter morning, there was a darkness of deepest proportions . . . as the Son of God was nailed to a cross.

And yet to come . . . Easter morning!

This year . . . I am experiencing a sense of anticipation I have not felt during the season of Lent in some time.

The reason for this?

Well, I can't seem to put my finger on it.

Perhaps this has more to do with intuition . . . spiritual intuition . . . perhaps personal as I deal with the spiritual stumbling blocks in my own life . . . or corporate . . . as our church expands our 1-mile ministry effforts further into the community.

An anticipation . . . perhaps expectation . . . that Easter this year means not so much something different . . . but rather . . . something new.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...