Thursday, May 22, 2008

The value of friendships . . .

John Mason writes, "Tell me who your best friends are, and I will tell you who you are. If you run with wolves, you will learn how to howl. But, if you associate with eagles, you will learn how to soar to great heights."

May I have the profound pleasure of introducing you to some of my "eagles."

In the picture from left to right . . .

Me, Ned O'Connor, Thomas Milyo, Jim Peterson, and Bob Campisi.

Looking at this picture . . . it dawns on me just how rich I truly am.

Life in itself is a great adventure. But true joy in life happens when you have others to share in the adventure with you.

A good part of my ministry in and through the church is to help men form great relationships with "eagles." There is a lot of God's creation to experience . . . and the discoveries we make are even more enjoyable when we discover them together with friends.

As John Mason writes, "If you were to list your greatest benefits, resources or strengths, you would find that money is one of the least important ones while some of your greatest resources are the people you know."

Amen!

Ever forward . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...