Monday, May 19, 2008

My exuberance over silly stuff gets me in trouble . . .

May God and my friends forgive me . . .

I bought the wrong Tilley Hat. I know, I am going to hell.

I bought the LTM6 in a 7 5/8. It fits great.

Then I read the instruction booklet that comes with the hat. Yes, Tilley Hats comes with an instruction booklet, and an insurance policy against loss for the first two years you own the hat.

They believe in their product.

It seems, that for a Tilley Hat to fit correctly, it must fit loosely on your head. Gravity holds it on, or the adjustable chin strap that comes with the hat.

So, I am in Cabela's on Saturday, picking up a long sleeve fishing shirt to wear for a striper trip. And there, for the first time that I have ever seen them at Cabela's . . . was a display of Tilley Hats.

And there was a size 8 in a LT6. And it fit like heaven. Loose as the instructions implied it should.

I bought it. $65.00

Yes, I am insane.

However, I wore it today fishing all day on Lake Texoma, and it was the most comfortable hat I have ever worn. It is perhaps the best hat, for me, to wear for the Texas outdoor activities I love to participate in.

So . . . my 7 5/8 LTM6 Tilley hat is for sale. My friend Floyd has first right of refusal toward purchase . . . because he tried it on when we visited this past Friday, and he looked pretty darned good with it on!!!!

The moral of the story . . .

When I get real excited about something . . . I need to take a deep breath, and read the instructions about whatever it is I want to get.

Oh well, I got a great hat . . . it will help keep skin cancer at bay . . . and someone I'm sure will buy the LTM6, and then they will have a great hat.

Email me to find out what I want for the LTM6.

Ever forward . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...