Monday, February 5, 2018

Neil Young - Old Man & Heart Of Gold [1971]



I didn't hear Neil's "Harvest" album until 1974.

I was busy playing basketball and foaming at the mouth over a girl.  High
school days . . . so me great memories . . . and some other adventure I can't write about just yet.

I was raised to appreciate and respect older adults.  I had two sets or grandparents who were wonderful to me. I've learned a lot from older friends and mentors along the way.  Now I'm the old guy and I've gotten some opportunities to share with some younger folk when they come as ask, "can we talk for awhile?"

I even have a little gray hair . . . the magic signifier that I've indeed lived a little.

All in all a great song played on a beautiful Martin D-45.  Not sure if it was Hank Williams guitar, as I'm not sure when he received that guitar from Bob Dylan.

And . . . how can we hear "Old Man" and not hear "Heart of Gold"?

Enjoy the video.   Music at it's best . . . the singer-songwriter and their instrument on a stage performing to the audience.

What older adult do you need to say "thank you" to?  What musical instrument do you appreciate and love to make music with.

Rick ><>




No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...