Tuesday, February 6, 2018

10 Reasons Not To Buy A Martin D-18



When I first saw this video, and being a proud owner of a Martin D-18, I thought "what the hell?"

After watching the video, I knew I had to post it.  Why?  I think "Been there, and done that" sums if up nicely.

What does that mean?  Simply put, several of the guitars I own came home after I saw them, played them, and emotionally said / thought, "I've got to have this guitar."

Did I need them?  Truthfully . . . no, I didn't. For that matter, even today the answer is "no I don't." My first good guitar was a Martin D-16gte, and it would be a fine guitar today and handle just about everything I do musically if it was the only guitar I had.  These days, my J-40 and D-18 handle the job nicely.  The D-16 is a back-up guitar.  One day I'm sure I will pass it on to some one deserving.

I've got two build-to-order (BTO's) Taylor's . . . both sinker redwood tops (one is a T-5). Wickedly fine guitars. I played them last back in 2016.  I've got a Fender Strat, pedals and a fancy electric guitar amp as well.  Haven't played it in at least 3 years.  Two Guild jumbos are in my office closet at the church.  Their cases have dust on them.

And yet, I can go into a guitar store (which I am doing less and less these days) and after 15 minutes, be intrigued by a guitar and begin wondering how I can legally leave the store with it.

What's the old saying, "How many guitars does a guitar player need?  

Just one more!"

Enjoy the video.

Rick ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...