Friday, February 23, 2018

Gordon Lightfoot - Song For A Winter's Night



It's been cold and wet here in Texas these past 2-3 weeks.  We are waiting for the arrival of spring and native wildflowers.

Today, it's been drizzling all day . . . and I'm still at home dealing with serious inflammation following double knee replacement.  I was scrolling on YouTube and found this older video of Gordon Lightfoot singing "Song for a Winter's Night."

I love to sing and play guitar, but I have never been a travelling troubadour.  That kind of life would not have sat well with me.  I think some of Gordon's song reflect on all the years of touring he did.  Maybe this is one of them.

Gordon is perhaps one of the best songwriters that has every lived.

Whose hand do you long to hold on a cold winter's night?

Rick ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...