Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I will be singing this fall at a new venue . . .

On Monday, September 9th, I will provide music entertainment for the residents of the Dancing Rivers community here in Grapevine.  I will be doing two music sessions that morning, the first at 10 AM in the Memory Unit, followed by one of my standard programs in the main building at 10:30 AM. 

Several members of our church reside at Dancing Rivers, and I must say that I was very impressed with the facility and staff in my tour today, especially with their Life Enrichment Director, Jill Jurena.  She is truly called to be doing the work she is doing there. 

Except for our Vacation Bible School here at the church in late June, and the couple of times I sang during Chapel services and in performances with the Wannabe Band at Philmont, I have otherwise refrained from accepting a full singing schedule this summer . . . for no other reason than a bit of soul care for myself while ending up cancer treatment. 

Aww . . . mostly I didn't sing because I knew I would be doing it out of a sense of duty . . . not because I wanted to. 

Part of what I learned about myself at Philmont, and in the weeks since as I processed that experience in my mind, heart and soul . . . is that I truly do very much want to sing for people . . . not to them. 

Singing is a way of serving people . . . some may not agree or see it the same way as I do.  That's OK.  My call is to serve . . . and singing for people in nursing homes, retirement centers, for hospice patients, for children or adults in hospitals, in area libraries, for groups at the church . . . it's one of the ways I enjoy serving others. 

I believe music is a blessing for those listening . . . and also a blessing to me. 

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...