Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Update: Out and about . . .

My isolations and restrictions following radioactive iodine ablation are over.  I'm trying to get back in the swing of things.  However, my body is telling me I am going to have to slowly work back up to full speed. 

Yesterday I went by the guitar store and to my office at the church.  I didn't stay long.  I was tired, and had a dizzy spell.  Today I arrived at the church early . . . but my concentration just isn't up to the task.  So, after catching up on my daily devotions, I am going to head over to Sonic for a grilled chicken sandwhich and then leisurely run a few errands before heading back home. 

I so want to be ready to take on a full schedule . . . but 2 surgeries and 2 months of reduced activity (sitting in my recliner recovering) have taken their toll on my stamina and energy level.  Apparently I am no far enough along the hormone replacement process for it to have made the "big" difference others have told me to expect.  

Liz and I will be in worship this Sunday, and then Monday morning (11/26), I'll start my first full week back and see how much I can do.  I am thankful for this great church in their allowing me the time I have needed to get well.  I love this place a lot . . . especially the people.  I think I will start drawing energy again from working with the staff again, and being with all the people.  I have a lot of catching up to do pastoral care wise.  A lot of that can be done with phone calls and emails.  A lot can be done in face-to-face visits as well. 

Plus, it's time to get ready for Advent!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!  Give thanks out of a grateful heart!

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...