"But music was his life, it was not his livelihood,and it made him feel so happy and it made him feel so good. And he sang from his heart and he sang from his soul. He did not know how well he sang; it just made him whole." - Harry Chapin - chorus of "Mr. Tanner."

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Update: Out and about . . .

My isolations and restrictions following radioactive iodine ablation are over.  I'm trying to get back in the swing of things.  However, my body is telling me I am going to have to slowly work back up to full speed. 

Yesterday I went by the guitar store and to my office at the church.  I didn't stay long.  I was tired, and had a dizzy spell.  Today I arrived at the church early . . . but my concentration just isn't up to the task.  So, after catching up on my daily devotions, I am going to head over to Sonic for a grilled chicken sandwhich and then leisurely run a few errands before heading back home. 

I so want to be ready to take on a full schedule . . . but 2 surgeries and 2 months of reduced activity (sitting in my recliner recovering) have taken their toll on my stamina and energy level.  Apparently I am no far enough along the hormone replacement process for it to have made the "big" difference others have told me to expect.  

Liz and I will be in worship this Sunday, and then Monday morning (11/26), I'll start my first full week back and see how much I can do.  I am thankful for this great church in their allowing me the time I have needed to get well.  I love this place a lot . . . especially the people.  I think I will start drawing energy again from working with the staff again, and being with all the people.  I have a lot of catching up to do pastoral care wise.  A lot of that can be done with phone calls and emails.  A lot can be done in face-to-face visits as well. 

Plus, it's time to get ready for Advent!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!  Give thanks out of a grateful heart!

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments: