Sunday, November 18, 2012

Update: I can taste again!

Yay! The old taste buds are working again!

The swelling in my neck, which I am pretty sure is due to swollen salivary glands, is reducing. Other than my neck still feeling stiff, I think I'm good to go.

3 pm today ended a long list of 5-day restrictions. I can be near loved ones and others. I can hug but can't kiss (a 7 day restriction ... Awwwwwww!) I can hold my cat again, which may not be very soon because he apparently believes that I've given him up for Lent or some other human celebration. I'll work on him some. He'll come around.

Tomorrow I will spend a good part of the day cleaning and washing clothes, sheets, blanket, mattress pad, towels, bagging up "Rick's" trash, cleaning and disinfecting the bathroom (twice) and wash the shower curtains. I have to throw away my toothbrush, and little travel toiletries I've been using. Also have to throw away my old CPAP mask and start using a new one.

I am glad that I did not have any sweating side-effect episodes, in that radiation is more easily transferred or causes contamination through sweat. My trusty recliner gets a good wipe down, but no one else can sit in it for the week. Liz can move back into our bedroom on Tuesday (end of a short list of 7-day restrictions ... Yay!!)

I hope to be at the church on Tuesday and Wednesday of this coming week. Liz and I will attend wirship services on Sunday, and I will be "officially" back on the 26th. To say that I have cabin fever is an understatement for sure!

I have a body scan on the 27th, and meet with my oncologist 2 weeks later. At that time I'll know if I am done, or if we start with plan B.

God's grace still amazes me ... ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...