Monday, January 23, 2012

Making Disciples . . . a video on YouTube . . .

The video below is making it's way around the YouTube o'sphere . . . I think it represents how the church I am privileged to serve as a pastor sees its place in the context of the Great Commission.

One of my personal ministry goals this year is to establish a road map for the growing of our congregational care ministry. To do this . . . we are going to have to recruit and train lay people (lay chaplains?) who feel called to assist/partner with the pastoral staff as we respond to the great number of requests we get each week from people seeking various forms of pastoral care.

In other words . . . it is time for the training of some congregational care disciples.

I thought further about this, in relation to my theraputice music entertainment work . . . which included my being mentored as I went through a very specific, and at times, intense certification process.

In essence . . . I am a TME disciple. And, it is time I begin to recruit and train some future TME disciples as well.

More on both of these in the near future.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...