Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Rats . . . Rats . . . Rats . . .

Well . . . it was bound to happen sooner or later, as much guitar playing and singing I do around the church . . .

Before singing last night at a very special Eagle Scout Court of Honor . . . I put down my Martin DC-16 . . . and while I turned away . . . it fell out of the stand . . . and the head stock struck the metal bass of the Troop flag that was in the room for the ceremony.

No wood damage to the guitar . . . but the nut shattered . . . and I think the 1st E string tuner is broken . . .

It could have been worse . . .

There is no more horrible sound . . . than to hear a guitar fall and strike something metal . . . and you have your back turned when it happens.

Ouch.

But . . . it appears to me to be more than repairable. Yes, it could have been worse.

Glad I had the Tacoma Jumbo as a back up . . . and it actually is more western looking, so it fit the occassion better . . .

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

2 comments:

Dale Schultz said...

I winced as I read of the fall. Reminds me of times when I've carried a guitar so carefully only to hear the clunk of contact as two objects competed for the same space. We hold them gently, protecting them as best we can. Thoughts of parenting are now coming to mind...

doodlebugmom said...

sorry to hear about this.

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...