Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas went so well . . . I forgot about the new year . . .

Honestly . . . I was so focused on all our recent band gigs, and getting ready to preach yesterday, that I hadn't given much thought to the coming of 2010 in just a few days.

Wait a minute . . . wasn't Y2K just a year or so ago?

Decade?? Give me a break! I usually say, "where has the last year gone?"

Today, I am saying "Where has the last decade gone???"

For the love of . . . oh well.

But, my fussing won't last long . . . I only have one goal for 2010 . . .

To be what I am.

At my age (52) . . . it is too late, too painful, and way too expensive to even begin to try and be something I am not.

I just don't have the time anymore . . .

I know, in my heart, what I like.

I know, with passion, what is important to me.

I know, concretely, what I believe in.

Everything else . . . will probably get a "No!" answer in the most polite and loving way I can offer it.

In 2010 . . . I will just be me.

Happy New Year!

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...