Thursday, June 11, 2009

To Twitter or no to Twitter . . .

I set up a Twitter account today . . .

Don't really know why.

My friend and pastoral colleague, Steve Heyduck, has embraced Twitter, and I hope to have a conversation with him soon on this topic.

I think it would be great to have Twitter screens in worship sometimes . . . perhaps to use them during our annual Q&A with the Pastors on Memorial Day weekend.

Some pastoral resources I read suggest that pastors of all ages should embrace Twitter. And equal number seem to offer the suggestion "Don't waste your time."

I don't know. But will see what I can find out. Since I seem to be more about relationships than other things . . . maybe Twitter can become a communication tool I can use in positive ways.

Or, I can delete my account and move on.

Blogging . . . Facebook . . . Twittering . . . it's a lot to organize and coordinate.

Perhaps I just love to write.

Perhaps I just need to know that people are listening to me. Funny thing though, when you talk to much . . . people tend to quit listening to you.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...