Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Attending Annual Conference sessions . . .

In early June of each month, pastors and lay delegates from all the churches in the Central Texas Conference of the United Methodist Church gather for Annual Conference.  This is a three day gathering, this year taking place at White's Chapel UMC in Southlake, TX, the largest church in our Annual Conference.  

And, only 9 miles from my house.

And, only 5 miles from my office at the church.

Our new Bishop, Michael Lowry, has hit the ground running.  His enthusiasm is infectious.  

We have a new sheriff in town.  Change IS here.  It won't be easy . . . but the role of our Annual Conference is moving toward supporting the ministries of the local churches, instead of the local churches supporting the Annual Conference.  

I am impressed . . . I am on board . . . and I am eager to meet with Ken and the pastoral staff next week to "decompress" the experience together.  

Amen!

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>!

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...