Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A great song . . .

I usually check out facebook early in the morning, before heading toward the church office.  My pastor / musician friend, Eric Folkerth (Northaven UMC in Dallas) had made a facebook entry and which included a great line from Chicago's song,  Saturday in the Park.  

"Can you help him change the world? Can you dig it?  Yes I can . . . "

For some reason, those words, and the tune to the song, spoke to me today, especially as I decompress this morning from our Career Transition Ministry Team dinner last night, attended by 10 of our church members who are currently in transition between jobs.   

Perhaps I can sort out my emotions this morning, as well as my thoughts as to how God is speaking to us about how we can help people with this need.  I sure hope so.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>


No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...