Monday, September 17, 2007

Why these words mean so much when driving in rush hour traffic . . .

Sometimes, for me, the pace just gets too fast. The white noise of life becomes so deafening. The sound of your tires on the road, the radio, the computer beeping "you have mail," the phone ringing.

No I wonder I find it hard sometimes to hear God.

So, I get away . . . down the the shore of the lake . . . or down a country road.

Whenever I need to leave it all behind
Or feel the need to get away
I find a quiet place, far from the human race
Out in the country

Before the breathin' air is gone
Before the sun is just a bright spot in the nighttime
Out where the rivers like to run
I stand alone and take back somethin' worth rememberin'

Out in the Country as sung by Three Dog Night
Lyrics available at the Three Dog Night web site.

I'm better than I deserve! ><>

2 comments:

Mark said...

Rick,

I don't know how really stressed I am until I get away from it all and feel the kinks start to loosen. I'm conducting a revival right now in Pottsboro, TX. The church is housing me on the shores of Lake Texoma. What a tonic it is to sit on the cabin porch after services, listening to the night breeze rustle through the treetops and the water lap up against the shore.

Natural sedatives, provided by God in his creation...

Rick said...

Vacation in Arkansas last month was like that for me. I should have stayed two more days.

I wonder, if what I take back from time apart . . . is the memory that peace, quiet and stillness is NORMAL!

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...