Tuesday, September 11, 2007

If it matters, it is going to take some effort . . .

Rebuilding a blog takes a lot of work. Cutting and pasting links and web addresses, remembering who I like and who I don't. Or is that "what" I like and "what" I don't.

Whew! That was a close one!

This blog is kinda important to me. Funny, how all the things that are important to me take effort . . . my effort.

Relationships - take a lot of effort. Successful, enriching relationships are the visible definition of effort.

Faith - devotions, questions and answer time with Christians smarter and more experienced with me . . . putting my faith into practice . . . it all takes effort.

Health - losing weight, taking prescibed medications, exercise . . . feeling healthy takes a great deal of effort.

Home - I am leaving shortly to pick up a new timer switch for my Maytag washing machine. I haven't ever installed a timer switch on a Maytag washing machine before. But doing it myself will save me about $150. But, it will cost me some time, and a little bit of effort.

Life is a story about effort. Our lives are the sum of all our decisions.

When we make these necessary efforts . . . we do earn the right the ask a very important question afterwards . . .

What did I learn from all this?

I'm better than I deserve.

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...