Monday, July 24, 2023

It Just Occured to Me That I "Saw" the Waples UMC Campus Years Ago . . .

This thought came to my mind as I was leaving the church yesterday after worship. I was the last to leave. I took this picture and when I looked at it . . . something came to mind that I haven't thought about in many, many years.

When I was 17, in the middle of my senior year of high school, I received a call to enter the ministry. The picture I took on Sunday was the church I saw in my mind at the moment of my call, except that I'm pretty sure it was on a mountain in Colorado.

I was 65 when I finally found this church, but it was located in a wooded grove of oak trees (not pine trees) in far northeast Granbury, TX. It's the Waples United Methodist Church and I am blessed to be the part-time pastor there. The people who make up this church are so easy and fun to love! They are quick to say "Thank You, I Appreciate You" and "I Love You!" They believe that these are the most powerful, kind and loving words in all the world!



No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...