Saturday, July 1, 2023

I'm Now the Pastor at Waples UMC

It's been my honor to have served as the Interim Pastor at the Waples United Methodist Church in the northeast Granbury, TX area. Their historic sanctuary is well over a century old.  The people are wonderful and have welcomed my wife and I with loving arms since we first arrived in January of this year.  Even though this is a part-time appointment, it has been such a pleasure to serve in ministry with these fine people. They have a very active missions program including a food pantry and thrift store.  

And, as of July 1st, I have been appointed as the Pastor!  No more interim in my title.  

If you are currently looking for a new UMC church home because your current congregation plans to disaffiliate from the UMC, then please consider visiting this church family.  They worship at 11:00 AM on Sunday mornings. Sunday School for adults is at 9:45 AM in the Fellowship Hall.  Every child or teen who worships with us will be instantly loved by a room full of "grandparents!"

The Waples UMC website is: https://www.waplesunitedmethodist.org/.  You can also join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/waplesunitedmethodist.


No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...