Monday, July 30, 2018

Martin M-36

I've become interested in trying out a Martin M-36.  May be difficult to do. According the Martin Guitar Customer Service folks, there haven't been any delievered to dealers in Texas this year.

Bummer. 

Martin Customer Service helped me locate one in Nashville; however, I wasn't able to make it to the music store there on a recent vacation to Tennessee. 

The Martin M-36 is a 0000 sized guitar, pretty much the same as my J-40, but not as deep from front to back.  The other difference is that it has a 1 and 3/4" nut width.  My J-40 is 1 and 11/16th nut width.   I have found the wider nut width a little easier to play, especially on hands that are getting older each day.  My Taylor GS has similar specs and the same nut width.  However, I'm still a Martin guy at heart. 

Like a J-40, the M-36 is touted as being a great balanced instrument for strummers like me, and for fingerpickers.  It's a good all around guitar that can handle different venues, whether plugged into an amp or not.  Acoustically, I wonder if it will be as loud as my J-40, which is still one of the best camp fire guitars I have ever owned.

The journey to find one begins!   Will I get one?  Who knows.  It seems I find more joy in the journey finding something than I do buying it.

Rick ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...