Monday, August 6, 2018

Fred Kelly "Slick Pick"

A couple of years ago, I wrote about finding some Fred Kelly Slick Pick thumbpicks at Craig's Music store in Weatherford, TX.    I bought some yellow Delrin, large sized, in light guage as well as some Poly large sized in medium guage.

This style of thumbpick is more comfortable for me than National and Dunlop brands.  And, they are my favorite thumbpick for strumming, especially in a band situation when I am not the main rhythm guitarist.

Interesting thing, the body of the pick is thick, but the tip tapers down and has a slick edge.  It's been fun to play.   It's not my main pick (Dunlop Nylon .73mm or Dunlop Tortoise in medium gauge can always be found in the pick pouch on my key chain).  When playing through my amp or PA, the yellow Delrin in Large light guage are often my first choice.  For old fashioned camp fire boom-chucking, I will stick with Dunlop Nylons.

How about you?  What is your favorite pick and why?   Let me know!

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...