Saturday, November 4, 2017

This is a good crowd . . .


Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting, table and indoor
I posted this picture as a way of sharing the size of the "audience" I usually sing to.

I think there were about 12 -15 people in attendance.  Because of bad knees, I try to sing on a stool or raised up chair of some sort.  The smaller the audience, the closer you can get.  The closer you get, the less important it is to use a sound sytem, PA or amp.

The guitar I am playing is my Guild F-512 12-string.  The guitar in the stand is my every faithful Martin J-40.  Both are genuinely loud guitars, which means they can be played softly as well, or really dug into as needed.

This is the audience size I am most comfortable with, although I have sung for several hundred people while standing on a stage with amp and PA.  The therapeutic nature of what I do "works" best with a smaller group.  It's a time of "singing together" rather than a performance.  However, my guitar playing and singing both need to be at a contant performance standard from start to finish.

Thank you Donna Barton, for taking and sending me the pictures!

God's grace, and people who want to hear me sing, still amaze me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...