Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Reconnecting with a past friend . . . Craig's Music in Weatherford, TX

Ah, the joy of rediscovering and reconnecting with something pleasant from your past.

Glad to find out yesterday that Craig's Music in Weatherford, TX is alive and well and in their 36th year.  I used to shop there back in the late 90's when I was serving the church in Godley, TX.  

Yes, for those of you who are naturally inquisitive about such things, there is a United Methodist Church in "Godley," TX.  

If you are looking for a Martin, or want to play a Santa Cruz (they have a large selection, they are beautiful, and they cost it) then give them a call or go on by and play as long as your fingers hold out. There are signs all over the store that let you know that you can take it off the hook, plug it in, and play it as long as you want.  They have a ton of electronics and a full selection of accessories.  They cater a good number of professional players in Tarrant, Parker and Hood counties.

Their physical location is the same as it has always been:  

115 E. Spring Street 
Weatherford, TX 76086

Their phone # is 817-599-8021

They are located a block north of the town square, just turn right off of Main St on to E. Spring if you are heading north. Turn left onto E. Spring if you are heading south.  Red brick building on your left.

Their updated website is down right now, but should be up in the next week or so. The old one is up (www.craigsmysicinc.com) and has pictures, map, etc.

I've written before of my love for good, quality local guitar stores.  I miss my days shopping and helping out at Grapevine Guitar Works, and continue to miss it after Sean made the decision to close the doors several years ago.  Murphy's Music in Irving has been around for a very long time, probaly longer than Craig's.  I really have nothing against Guitar Center.  I just like the variety and uniqueness of locally owned stores.  

I hope to get to know Craig Swancy better in the near future.  Craig's will be my regular Friday day-off "hidey hole" for at least part of the day.  Tell them that Pastor Rick at First United Methodist in Crowley told you to call or go by.  Doing so will probably get you absolutely nothing, but I'd like to hear about how they reacted when you told them!!!!!!

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...