Monday, January 19, 2015

A needed and most welcomed new addition to our family . . .



Well, hello there to another new year!

My wife and I decided that starting the year with a new furry friend would be something good to do. 

After looking at, and talking with, several area dog rescue groups, we decided to work with Caroline Edgmon at DFW Collie Rescue.  After a month of conversations and applications, we came home this last Saturday with Murray, an 8 year old Scottish/Farm Collie.  

He's a looker, isn't he?

Sweet as can be, and glad to have his new forever home.  

Adopting an older dog was not our first idea.  However, as we looked at various rescue group web sites, we were constantly remarking that there were so many older dogs.  And there were.  Murray was the first dog we visited with when we drove out to DFW Collie Rescue for the first time.  It was pretty much love at first site.  

I fell in love with him, and he fell in love with my wife!   

Hmmm, that might me a good title for a new song!  Anyway, he sure likes the women folk!

More to come on the adventures of Murray.  More to come about singing, guitars, equipment and various adventures that are coming my and our way in 2015.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...