Thursday, April 3, 2014

What people will never forget . . .

Perhaps because of my age, or my many life experiences with helping many people who go through grief after the death of a loved on; or perhaps the combination of the two as I realize the place in life I currently find myself . . . I believe that the following quote from contemporary author Maya Angelou has a great amount of truth to it:

“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”   (Maya Angelou)



I will be pondering this quote a lot in the days to come.  I am thankful that as we grow older, we have the chance to discover the real and important truths of life.  Call it maturity.  Call it the "School-of-Hard-Knocks."  There are so many teachable moments in life.  We need to recognize as many of them as we can . . . and ponder the lessons we have a chance to learn. 


As I grow older, it becomes clear to me that there is much about life that I have still yet to learn.


God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...