Sunday, January 6, 2013

First Church Guitar schedule for 2013 . . .`

Anyone interested in playing guitar and singing with a fine bunch of great people in the Grapevine, Texas area on the 1st and/or 3rd Thursday evenings of the month are invited to join the First Church Guitars group at the First United Methodist Church of Grapevine, Texas.

We gather together at 7 PM in room #2001 in the Family Life Center (FLC).  Play usually ends around 8:30 to 9 PM.  We have a lot of guitar players, a keyboard player, a bass player, and then we have Brother Russ . . . who might be on fiddle one week, mandolin the next, or on guitar the next.  

We send out email reminders to the participants before we meet.  We share lots of song sheets with each other, and generally fun is had by all.

3-4 years ago, we were a pretty fair little band of guitar players, and besides fun and fellowship, we played 6-8 church and community gigs a  year.  Some of those players have moved on to new things, so nowadays, we play, sing, and stress the fun and fellowship as priority #1.

 If you would like more info, or to be included in the email list, let me know and I'll pass your info on to Brother Harvey, who sends out our emails.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...