Friday, August 31, 2012

Personal news . . .

Getting ready for my annual September trip to Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico where I will serve as chaplain for the 2012 Fall Training Conference, as well as sing an awful lot, and play guitar even more.

Glad I have adult kids living with us . . . no worries about the house!!

Following a short vacation after Philmont, I will be back to singing locally again, including as much as possible with Hugworks in October and November, besides my regular nursing home TME gigs.  I believe an invite is coming from the New Horizons group in Grapevine to provide a concert one evening this fall, and I'll be leading several community Christmas Carol sing-a-longs in December, including the FUMC-Grapevine "Be Our Guest" neighborhood Christmas dinner.

I've been wondering if the increased number of invites has anything to do with my having lost 52 pounds in the past 8 months.  Maybe . . . I do know I am singing better . . . and seem to have more stamina to do 45-60 minute concerts with mostly music, and just a little joke here and there.  I know I look better, and I cannot lie . . . I feel a lot better as well.

On a personal note, I would appreciate a prayer or two, as I will be having a procedure next week at an area hospital before I leave for Philmont.  My weight lose lead to the discovery of a small lump in my neck.  I have been assured it is nothing serious, and nothing to worry about.

Good!

 I will have just enough recovery time to be able to pull everything off in September as planned. But a prayer or so wouldn't hurt.  Thanks in advance.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...