Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Listen to the music . . .

A rare treat this past Tuesday morning . . .

I had a hospital pre-surgery visit with a church member at 5:30 AM.  I made it to my office around 6:45 AM.

I plugged in my Taylor GS Custom and played for a solid 45 minutes, before plugging in the Guild F50R and giving it 30 minutes of its own.

An hour and 15 minutes of solid practice.  Now that's a treat.

Made a difference as well . . . as I worked out a couple of new base line runs into a couple of chords I had been working on.  I also did some practice on some western swing technique that I am trying to learn from Ranger Doug's book.  Anyone familiar with Rider's in the Sky knows who and what I am talking about.

I've got to make time for practice. It's the only way, besides live performance, to get better.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...