Saturday, July 21, 2012

AXL Thin Amp . . .

About 4 or 5 years ago, Sean gave me what looked like a notebook computer bag and said, "give this a try."

It was an AXL Thin Amp - DSP 10.  It was a notebook computer sized digitial amp . . . pretty much all plastic.

I still have it.  I've got a battery for it that allows me to run it for about 4 hours without being plugged in.  It's not that loud . . . but it does amplify an acoustic, or my Strat when I want to play with some compression and flange (which isn't really often.)

No other guitar sounds as good on it as my Taylor GS Mini Mahogany.  Usually I do a beach or park concert of sorts each year, and have even sung on an open party boat.  The Thin Amp and the GS Mini are truly a portable pair, especially if I have to use battery power.

I don't think AXL is making Thin Amps anymore.  I need to check to make sure.  The one I have is still going strong.  I don't use it near as much as my Fishman Loudbox . . . but I am glad I have it.  Being able to run on a batter that measures 4"x4"x2" for several hours is really a neat option when it is needed.  It is certainly nice to have options.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...