Monday, December 19, 2011

Rick singing at the "Be Our Guest" Meal, Tuesday 12/20/11 ...

I will be doing a Christmas carol song set at the "Be Our Guest" meal at the First United Methodist Church in Grapevine. The meal starts at 6 PM.

This meal began several years ago, out of the desire of FUMC-Grapevine members who wanted to reach out to the neighbors around the church. We called the area the "ministry mile". Now that mile has grown to include several communities and 3 villages, including one in Costa Rica and in Kenya.

The meal is a full sit down dinner on a table with tablecloth, real plates and cutlery, cloth napkins . . . the works. We have up to 60 volunteers who come to serve as table hosts, servers, etc.

The food . . . oh, boy. Top notch holiday fair for the November and December meals, and other greats menus through out the year.

The etertainment . . . not half bad either, if I do say so myself. I usually get to sing twice a year.
The "Be Our Guest" meal happens the 2nd Tuesday evening of each month.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...