Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Singing at Children's Medical Center in Dallas tomorrow . . .

I will be joining Larry Dykstra, fellow Hugworks volunteer and TME Trainer, at Children's Medical Center in Dallas tomorrow. We will sing in various clinics in the Pavillion Building and then sing in patient rooms after lunch.

Yep, that's right . . . Jim Newton and Paul G. Hill will not be there . . . just Larry and I.

Larry was the first TME apprentice to go through the Hugworks TME program, and helps train new apprentices, in addition to editing the training program materials. He has some great stuff in the works, including some support research through a possible partnership with a local university.

And, he isn't a half-bad singer and guitarist.

I am looking forward to singing with Larry tomorrow, and in the future. I hope we can become "Team #2" at Hugworks, perhaps over time . . . with the blessing of Jim, Paul, and the Hugworks Board. We need more teams out there, bringing the healing power of music to children in hospitals.

I will also be singing with Larry on August 11th and the 18th at Children's.

Hopefully, I do my solo (final test) in late August or in early September.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>



No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...