Sunday, August 21, 2011

Noel Paul Stookey is alive and oh, so well . . .

The Noel Paul Stookey benefit concert for Hugworks last night at Poor David's Pub in Dallas, was a great experience. Awesome is a very weak descriptive world. Double awesome. Triple awesome.

I had a blast.

Although not sold out as hoped, it was a comfortably full house, and Noel's performance was classic. He is a consumate singer, musician and showman, and at 73, he brings a lot of natural depth, maturity and integrity to what he does. Clear vocals. seasoned guitar playing, and the richness of one of the best song writing minds out there. You more than got your moneys worth. And all the proceeds went to Hugworks. Seems to be a win-win to me.

It struck me as a very intellectual concert. I'm glad I went.

A great night, listening to, and with the audience, singing along with one of my all-time music heroes.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>


No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...