Monday, December 27, 2010

A merry, mellow, contemplative Christmas this year . . .

For many years now, I have preferred that their be little if no hoopla or celebration of my birthday. Just a a quiet day of reflection on my part. I now try to spend my birthday doing something for someone else. Last year, I spent it singing to children at Cooks Children's Hospital in Ft. Worth.

Lately, I have felt the same about Christmas.

This year, we put up just a few decorations at our home. I provided a Christmas carol program at 4 area nursing home/care facilities with the help of a couple of the guys from the 1st Church String Band. I spent the time focusing on getting ready for Christmas Eve services (2500+ in attendance at all services).

We had the kids and friends over for Christmas dinner. We ate, talked and laughed.

As the Christmas season comes to a close, I find myself personally thankful for my family, my friends and my faith. I am also find myself eternally thankful to a loving God who loved me so much, that he gave His one and only Son to die for me. I hope to spend more time making that even more important in my life than it has been so far.

God's grace still amazes me . . . ><>

No comments:

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...