Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Dear Lord ... please break me . . .

Dear and most gracious Lord, my God . . .

Please,  break me.

The older I get, the more I understand how amazing your grace really is, the more you bless me with a dose of wisdom here and there . . . the more I realize how little I really know . . . and how in a state of confusion, and fear . . . I do not yeild to the Spirit . . . but try to control . . .

And at those times . . . I am probably standing more in Your way than by Your side . . .

Please Lord, break me . . . from wanting to be in control because of my being afraid of the unknown.  If You are leading the way, then why am I still afraid?  Break me Lord, of all that keeps me fearful. 

As my personal mission in life becomes more clearer day by day . . . and as You ask me to do more things that are out-of-my comfort zone . . . to be honest, way-out-of-my comfort zone . . . things that cause my heart to leap for joy, yet which causes my mind and body to cry out in fear  . . . I ask that you would give me an ample portion of Your Holy Spirit, comfort, peace and strength to make up for my sometimes weak-as-water backbone.  

Please Lord, break me . . . of those things I let keep me weak . . . that keep my response on the slow side.  Break me from ever thinking again . . . "I am only human."  Break me from fretful worry about limits . . . 

I hear you Lord . . . "Play the guitar and sing in more places . . . Learn to play piano . . . Go to Kenya . . . Pray harder and more often for more people . . . Teach more people to both learn about and live out the Bible . . . Take my ministry more to the community . . . Take members of my church with me . . . Reach out to the poor, the hungry, the naked, and to those who have no voice  . . . "

Please Lord, break me . . . of my stuttering excuses and weak willed replies . . . for nothing is impossible with You . . . with You, all things are possible.

I am afraid . . . I am doubting . . . yet I will step forward because of my faith in you.

Guide me O Thou Great Jehovah . . .

Amen ><>




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NiCe PrayeR=
inspired mE
+niCe bloG 2

I don't feel dressed without having a pen, pencil and notebook with me!

I'm at the age where I pretty much know what I like to have with me in terms of every-day-carry.   I like 4"x6" sized notebook...